These 400 grit red Black Diamond floor prep pads are constructed to be used for heavy-duty cleaning and should be used on worn concrete floors. The pad will effectively remove scratches and stains, thus leaving a nice matte surface. They are typically used for the beginning steps of light honing and restoration in prep for using the 800 grit white, 1500 grit yellow, and 3000 grit green Black Diamond pads. Due to the abrasiveness of this pad, the red pad should only be used with water at low speeds (up to 350 RPMs).
The Black Diamond pads provide an innovative solution to cleaning your floor while reducing waste and saving you money. They can be used on a wide range of floors, including polished concrete, terrazzo, marble, limestone, travertine, VCT, and more. Built with billions of microscopic diamonds, these pads clean and polish floors at the same time. They require no harsh chemicals while buffing and typically are used with water depending on the pad and the speed of the machine. When used daily, the pads will give the floor a mechanically densified surface that will create resistance to dirt and wear while increasing slip resistance.
When using Black Diamond pads, they require no additional equipment and can be used with your current floor buffer or floor scrubber. Because you no longer need chemicals to strip and buff your floors, you can potentially save up to 66% on your consumable spending.
These 400 grit red pads are part of a starter pack, which comes with all the different Black Diamond pads that one should use during this restoration process. If you own a rectangular buffer or scrubber, look to our rectangular Black Diamond 400 grit red pads. For a complete rundown of when to use each specific pad, please view our Black Diamond Pad Guide page.
- No chemicals are needed, scrubbing should be done with water only.
- Built with billions of microscopic diamonds that clean & polish the floor at the same time.
- 400 grit red pads effectively remove scratches & stains, leaving a clean, matte surface.
- Pads fit current machines on the market without the need for new equipment.
- When performing daily maintenance at low speeds, Black Diamond Pads cover +/- 500,000 ft² of flooring per pad.
- Pads should only be used colored side down only & replaced when the backing starts to show through.
|Size||Square Feet Per Pad|
|6.5 inch||81,250 ft²|
|10 inch||125,000 ft²|
|12 inch||150,000 ft²|
|13 inch||162,500 ft²|
|14 inch||175,000 ft²|
|15 inch||187,500 ft²|
|16 inch||200,000 ft²|
|17 inch||212,500 ft²|
|18 inch||225,000 ft²|
|20 inch||250,000 ft²|
|21 inch||262,500 ft²|
|24 inch||300,000 ft²|
|27 inch||337,500 ft²|
|28 inch||350,000 ft²|
|For a complete rundown of estimates for different pad type and sizes,|
please view our Floor Pad Life Expectancy Estimates page.
- Available in 12" - 28" sizes
- 2 - 400 grit round pads per case
- For use on floor machines up to 350 RPM