CleanFreak Air Mover Recall Frequently Asked Questions
- Why is Rocket Industrial, Inc. recalling certain models of the CleanFreak Air Mover?
The units may pose a fire hazard due to a failure of the thermal switch inside the motor if the motor is in a locked position. Rocket Industrial, Inc. also sells different models of CleanFreak air movers made by other manufacturers that do not have this issue and are NOT included in the recall.
- How can I tell if my CleanFreak Air Mover is affected by the recall?
Affected air movers are labeled with CleanFreak.com labels on the front and back of the unit and are black or yellow in color. The model names of the black units are OPS-2500-CF and OPS-2500-CFR. The model name of the yellow unit is OPS-2200Y-CF. The model name is not on the unit itself but was displayed on the sales invoice. The units have a serial number on the back label.
The on/off and speed switches of an affected unit are on the left side of the unit.
- Are there any CleanFreak air mover models that are NOT included in the recall?
Yes, there are several CleanFreak air movers that are not included in this recall. The units are made by other manufacturers.
This recall DOES NOT INCLUDE black models PDF6WRD-CF, PDF5, PD500DX-CF or THO-TC2100-CF, or a yellow model CPL-2800-AM-CF (P-630) as shown on the label on the under side of such units. This recall DOES NOT INCLUDE units that are on wheels or have a telescoping or extendable handle. This recall DOES NOT INCLUDE black units with a serial number range between 68982-75090 or 171865-171868.
- Where can I find the serial number of an affected unit?
The serial number of an affected unit can be found on the back of the unit. For black units, the serial number is on the CleanFreak.com silver label. For yellow units, the serial number is on a white label placed to the right of the yellow or silver CleanFreak.com label.
- What do I need to do to be eligible for a refund?
- Call 1-888-722-5508 to report your unit to us.
- If it is determined that your unit is part of the recall, we will provide you with a call tag to return the affected unit to us.
- The entire unit will need to be returned to us to be eligible for the refund.
- Who is taking care of the shipping cost?
Rocket Industrial, Inc. will pay the shipping costs for you to return the unit.
- How will I be reimbursed?
You will receive a check 3-6 weeks from the time we receive your returned unit.
- How much will I be reimbursed?
$143.00 per unit returned, based on an approximation of your original cost.
- When will I be reimbursed?
Approximately 3-6 weeks after we receive your returned unit.
- I want my refund now or before I return my cord/labels/packing list.
We must receive the unit back before we can issue your refund.
- Have there been any reported injuries?
No injuries have been reported.
- Have you stopped selling this product?
Yes, Rocket Industrial, Inc. stopped selling this product in December 2010.
- The unit I have was purchased from Packaging Tape, Inc. Are they still in business?
Yes, Packaging Tape, Inc. now does business as Rocket Industrial, Inc.
- Where were the units sold?
These units were sold nationwide on our website www.CleanFreak.com. On occasion, units were sold on our other websites www.AirMovers.com, www.FloorBuffers.com, and www.RocketIndustrial.com, and in Wisconsin from our local warehouses.
- Where were the CleanFreak air movers being recalled manufactured?
These air movers were manufactured in China.
- Who can I call if I have other questions?
Please call our Recall Hotline at 1-888-722-5508 if you have questions about an air mover in your possession, or any other questions about this recall.