Motsenbocker's Lift Off Paint & Varnish Remover is a gel based product, that is environmentally safe, biodegradable, and safe for you to use. This Green Cross Certified, by Scientific Certification Systems, gel works faster than traditional solvent–based formulas by breaking down the molecular bonds within minutes of application, while being safe and easy to use! For other paint remover, take a look at our complete line of paint, graffiti, and vandalism removing products.
Our patented formulation successfully strips enamels and acrylic paints, shellacs, varnishes and other solvent and water-borne coatings and stains from wood, metal, stone and more, usually within 5 minutes! Motsenbocker's Lift Off Paint & Varnish Remover is a the world’s first water-based, biodegradable, EPA Compliant Low/No VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds), Green Cross Certified, and non-flammable stripper for solvent and water-based paints, varnishes and lacquers from wood, metal, and stone. Test on an inconspicuous area before applying to your entire surface.
The following testimonial, was taken directly from the Motsenbocker website;
- S. Molnar stated, "I live in Elk Horn, PA pop. 10 people, in an old brick thick farm house built on the Monongahela River bank. It was built in 1840 by a riverboat Captain. The stairway goes from the main floor to the attic and it is all hand crafted black walnut, red oak and red pine which I found after stripping away about 18 coats of paint, stain, etc. that was put on it over the past 168 years. I bought Lift oFF at my Lowe's store in Belle Vernon and me and my friend proceeded to spend three months stripping it all. It was a major job. We tried other brands of paint strippers but Lift off worked the best. And best of all it is made in the USA, water based, and has a pleasant smell. I never thought my stairway would turn out so beautiful!!!! Thanks Lift Off!!!!
Basic Prep Instructions:
Prior to stripping, you should prepare and protect the surrounding areas such as furniture, cabinets, and floors. Make sure to remove all hardware, and protect areas that you do not want stripped with a quality tape or plastic.
Basic Use Instructions:
1. Pour desired amount into a plastic container.
2. Use of gloves and safety glasses are recommended as an added measure of safety.
3. Use paintbrush to apply a liberal amount of Paint & Varnish Remover in an area size up to 5’x5’.
4. Wait at least 5-10 minutes for gel to penetrate the coating.
5. Using a scraper, putty knife, or one of our handheld utility stripping pads to strip the surface in the same direction as the grain of the wood to remove the loosened coating from the surface.
6. Repeat steps as necessary for removing excessive coats or deeply ingrained stains.
Clean Up Instructions:
1. Use warm water and stripping pad to remove all excess coating & Varnish and Paint Remover product from surface.
2. Use warm water and clean towels to wash, rinse and dry surface. (Option: an alcohol rinse will enhance drying time and insure a clean and residue free surface).
3. Allow product surface to dry completely up to 12 hours before refinishing.
4. Place stripped paint or varnish onto a plastic sheet and allow to dry for approximately 24 hours. Since the Paint & Varnish Remover is a water-based and biodegradable formula, once it has completely evaporated, the dry residue is considered inert and non-hazardous and may be disposed of safely in a trash can according to local regulations.