Apeiron Wet Marble Polishing Powder is used to polish marble, terrazzo and concrete. Some stone like limestone, terrazzo, and concrete may respond to this wet method of polishing, but we cannot guarantee any type of performance improvement on these surfaces. We consider this product to be "goof proof" for polishing. In other words, it is extremely easy to use on stone surfaces to bring out a nice shine. This polishing powder comes in a 6.6 pound pail and should be used as outlined in the instructions below.
Scratch Removal Procedures:
1. For maximum results the marble should be honed using Apeiron's Scratch Removal Disks™. (Time: 30 seconds per sq. ft.).
2. Completely remove slurry by first wet vacuuming and then either mopping the floor or automatic scrubbing the floor.
1. Pour 1 ounce of Wet Marble Polishing Powder in a circle onto the dry floor. Pour 4 ounces of water onto the powder.
2. Using a white buffing pad and one of our 175 RPM low speed floor buffers, quickly make one pass over an area of 16-20 sq. ft.
3. Continue to buff the mixture for 30 seconds per square foot. Keep mixture wet at all times.
4. Pick up the slurry with a wet vacuum. Rinse the floor with a neutral cleaner to remove residue. (Repeat Application and buffing if higher gloss is desired)
Most effective when used following the scratch removal process. Because of an initial chemical reaction with the stone, it's important to cover the designated 16-20 sq. ft. area quickly at first. Buff the area consistently, with a slow side-to-side motion. If the area begins to dry, simply add just enough water to keep the area wet. When finished, flood the area and make two passes with machine to break up any dried residue and wet-vacuum the slurry.
For some softer marbles, gloss may be improved by diluting 1 ounce of powder with 6 ounces of water.